Imagine being able to see who is funding what and where - anywhere in Missouri, anytime, and with just a few clicks.
Access to accurate, up-to-date grantmaking data is critical to understanding the funding landscape and ensuring that your giving is as effective as it can be. To improve the quality, timeliness, and availability of rich grant data, this initiative:
- Captures grantmaking data through an online mapping tool
- Provides your organization with access to Foundation Maps, which will include all submitted grantmaking data from Missouri
- Is provided through partnership between GCG, the Foundation Center and the United Philanthropy Forum
Participation matters: Only when our community of funders commits to sharing data will the Foundation Maps platform reach its full potential as a powerful source of accurate, up-to-date answers to questions like...
- Who else if funding a particular issue in our region?
- What organizations are tackling that issue?
- Who is working with specific populations in our community?
- Who may be natural collaborators?
- Where are there gaps in funding?
- How much money is collectively going to specific issues or area in our region?
- What are strategies at play?
How do I submit grants data?
There are just two steps to submitting your grants data using the eGrant format.
1. Export a complete list of your most recent grants in Excel.
- Most grants management software platforms offer a pre-formatted export function that pulls the necessary data into an Excel file automatically. The find instructions for your platform, click here.
- If you don't use one the listed software systems, simply export a complete list of your most recently-awarded grants into the Excel template.
2. Email your report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate Gateway Center for Giving as your regional association in the subject line of your email.
Which data field do I need to provide?
The chart below outlines all of the fields included in the eReporting standard and highlights those that are required and most preferred. Learn more about sharing your grants data with Candid here.
As a thank you for sharing your data, you'll also get access to a custom version of Foundation Maps that reflects your individual organization's grantmaking activity!